If you missed Bob’s Burgers movie information while it was at the cinema– or if, perhaps even more likely, you’re dying to watch it again and again while eating burgers in your own home, it’s your time. The Meaty murder mystery comedy hits digital on July 12, with a Blu-ray and DVD release on July 19 and io9 has an exclusive preview of one of the special features.
Yeah, the animation and performance (including sound effects) are definitely in draft mode, but how cool: it’s a deleted scene from the movie! The official description is short and sweet (“Metal Detector: Bob and Linda go to town hall in a version of the movie where they went to town hall”), but the clip itself is loaded with a lot. more hilarity. Teddy is also in this scene – and, well, things get wonderfully lopsided.
This is just a taste of what to expect from the home release, which is packed with goodness for fans. Here is a list of the juiciest bonus features included with Bob’s Burgers movie information:
- Audio Commentary: Watch the film with audio commentary from H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, Kristen Schaal, directors Loren Bouchard and Bernard Derriman, writer Nora Smith and production designer Ruben Hickman.
- Characteristic : “Making the movie”—Bob’s Burgers designer Loren Bouchard talks about the shoot Bob’s Burgers the tv show in Bob’s Burgers the show that is a movie.
- Theatrical short (seen only in limited theaters): “My Ass Has a Fever – Theatrical Version”—The Belcher children perform in the school talent show to share their very important and powerful message.
- “My Butt Has a Fever – Animatic Version”—A behind-the-scenes look at the theatrical short “My Butt Has a Fever” animatic.
- Deleted Scenes:”Metal detector: Bob and Linda go to City Hall in a version of the movie where they went to City Hall; ” “burning docks: The turbulent history of Wonder Wharf; ” “Grover’s Office: Bob and Linda go to Grover’s office in a version of the movie where they went to Grover’s office.
- Deleted scenes with audio commentary: “The Movie We Didn’t Make: creator Loren Bouchard and writer Nora Smith discuss trying to make a movie, specifically Bob’s Burger movie information; plus “Metal Detector,” “Burning Piers,” and “Grover’s Office,” with commentary by Bouchard and Smith.
- Animation supplements – Animatic: “Sunny Side Up Summer” Storyboards and Raw Animation: the not yet colorful but animatic work in progress of the song “Sunny Side Up Summer”. “Lucky Ducks” storyboards and rough animation: the not yet colorful but animatic work in progress of the song “Lucky Ducks”. “Not That Evil” storyboards and rough animation featuring David Wain: David Wain “performs an entire dance routine, without formal training” to his character Grover’s song. Play alongside the song’s animatic. End credits scenarios and rough animation: the in-progress animatic of the end credits, “is accompanied by provocative dance moves and an unconventional beat”.
- Animation Extras – Scene Animation: Linda Through the Pass-Through with comments from director Bernard Derriman: the progression of a scene from storyboard to animation, with Derriman’s commentary. Bob and Linda go to the bank: a time lapse of the bank scene being animated; there is also a commented version by Derriman. Louise grabs the fuse: a time lapse of the “Louise Grabs the Fuse” scene being animated; there is also a commented version by Derriman.
The Bob’s Burgers (and Bob’s Burgers movie information) the voice cast includes H. Jon Benjamin as Bob Belcher, John Roberts as Linda Belcher, Dan Mintz as Tina Belcher, Eugene Mirman as Gene Belcher, Kristen Schaal as Louise Belcher, David Wain as Grover Fischoeder, Zach Galifianakis as Felix Fischoeder, Kevin Kline as Calvin Fischoeder and Larry Murphy as Teddy. The film was directed by Loren Bouchard and Bernard Derriman and written by Bouchard and Nora Smith. It will be released on digital on July 12, with a physical release on July 19.
Want more io9 news? Find out when to wait for the last wonder and star wars versions, what’s next for the DC Universe in Film and TVand everything you need to know about Dragon House and The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.